As I was getting ready to leave my aunt's after Thanksgiving dinner last night, my cousin asked about my Onerva scarf that I'd knit. She really liked it, and begged me to make one for her. (I've already made her Christmas gift, but I just might have to come up with a little something extra for her!) Anyway, my aunt's friend, who was also at the dinner, also commented on it, and then asked me to knit not one, not two, but THREE items for her. I looked at her somewhat in disbelief, as she said that she would like a triangular scarf, a regular scarf, and then a cardigan sweater. I even said to her that I hated knitting sweaters, and that I have yet to finish the one that I started for myself back in March. She oh-so-kindly responded that she could wait until after Christmas. Dude, I'm not even knitting scarves for my family members, who I know and love because they take too darn long. There's no way that I'm going to knit all this stuff for my aunt's friend, since I barely know her! But seriously... she just made her requests like it's no big deal.
(OK, rant over.)
Are you serious? These are the type of people that deserve a "get the needles and yarn, and I'll teach you". I bet they'd never ask again...
ReplyDeleteBTW when i've done stuff for people that request things just like I could make them in my sleep I've usually gotten a "oh, it's okay...but the X that this other person made for me was so much better" And this person was a friend. Yup. Let's just say that she's no longer part of my life...
So I guess this isn't the right time to mention that I can't find my winter hat, huh? :)
ReplyDeleteAngie - that's a good idea... perhaps I'll have my aunt invite her friend over and I'll give lessons. And if anyone ever dissed a knitted gift from me, I'm certain that I could find someone to re-gift it to who would appreciate it. My friend Scott comes to mind...
ReplyDelete