Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finding Purpose

I am starting to realize that one my biggest issues with not working is that I've realized that I don't feel like I have a purpose anymore. Just the act of going to work int he morning means that someone has value to others. One is performing a service that makes someone else's life better in some way, no matter how small. I'm just not sure where I fall on the spectrum anymore, and that not knowing is one of the biggest things causing me angst. I know it's silly, but I feel as though I have no purpose since I have nothing tangible to contribute to anyone anymore. It's horribly frustrating. And I suppose it's different than using my time to volunteer. I've done a few things, and it's just not the same. Seriously, if I don't find a new job soon, I'm going to crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment