Today was... different. I didn't feel great, but I didn't feel miserable either. There was none of the crushing anxiety that I feel like I've been smothered by over the last couple of weeks. I can't say "over the last few months" though, because this is a recurring thing. I definitely go through these phases where I am completely and utterly overwhelmed by stress and anxiety, and that stress almost paralyzes and incapacitates me. And then it passes. And when it does, I have a day like today, where the sun shines warmly and brightly, I'm not buried under my (oh-so-warm!) down comforter of a coat, and I can drive around with my windows, down, feeling with wind in my hair, with the music blaring. That was a good feeling. So relatively insignificant, but it so tremendously made my day to be able to do that today.
All of the things that sometimes overwhelm me are still there, but I definitely needed a day where I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face to recharge my solar-powered batteries, and today was just that day!
No comments:
Post a Comment